The Lifesaving Society is proud to host the
9th Annual Aquatic Leaders Training Symposium
May 10 - 14, 2017 in Saskatoon, SK
This event is an opportunity to become certified in three different Lifesaving Society leadership awards: Aquatic Supervisor Training, National Lifeguard Instructor and First Aid Instructor.
In addition, you will:
- • Increase your leadership skills
- • Increase your knowledge of lifesaving, lifeguarding and instructing
- • Meet fellow lifeguards, instructors and pool managers from across Saskatchewan
- • Be able to add to your employment résumé
- • Be able to offer high level aquatic awards at your aquatic facility or in other communities
- • Be able to be pro-active in risk management at your aquatic facility
- • Become a leader in drowning prevention in our province
Who should attend? Anyone interested in advancing their leadership training with the Lifesaving Society such as Lifesaving Instructor/Examiners, Recreation Directors, Head Lifeguards, and Pool Managers.
Aquatic Supervisor Training (AST) – Wed/Thurs May 10th - 11th
*This is a classroom based course. No water sessions. Bagged lunch/supper is recommended each day. Meals/snacks are not included in the fee.
- • May 10 – 2:00pm – 7:00pm
- • May 1 1– 9:00am – 2:00pm
National Lifeguard Instructor and Lifesaving First Aid Instructor – Thursday to Sunday May 11–14th
*Classroom sessions will be held at the Administration Centre for Sport, Culture and Recreation Center (510 Cynthia St., Saskatoon. Venue for pool sessions to be announced. Lunch time and break times will be provided; however, meals are not included in the fee.
- • May 11 – 4:00am – 8:00pm (Thursday)
- • May 12 – 9:00am – 7:00pm (Friday)
- • May 13 – 9:00am – 7:00pm (Saturday)
- • May 14 – 9:00am – 5:00pm (Sunday)
Mandatory in-person National Lifeguard Instructor and First Aid Instructor Recertification Clinic
*Bagged lunch/supper is recommended each day. Meals/snacks are not included in the fee.
- • May 13 – 9:00am – 2:00pm